For a long while now I've thought of creating a space for other photographers to create art and heirlooms. Life has become so busy I've gone part time, so now is the PERFECT time to invite you to use this beautiful space and see where this goes.
A space outside of your home to invite your clients for your professional portrait session.
Big storefront windows and ceiling to floor white curtains allow plenty of natural light in. Located in the Old Milwork District in Dubuque off of Main Street.
-lets Get started with the fine print-
DAILY RENTAL *10 HOURS $300
Renters must complete this one time rental agreement to gain access to the online booking calendar and studio information.
Once your agreement is received and approved, the private online calendar link will be sent to you to reserve your space.
Payments for hourly rentals are due on the date of your online reservation unless a custom invoice is requested. Full day rentals require a 50% down payment.
Rental TERMS & CONDITIONS
This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa. The courts of the State of Iowa are to have jurisdiction to decide and settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement.
- Any failure by Vanessa Irene Photograph* to enforce any of the terms, covenants and conditions in this agreement does not infer or permit a further waiver of that or any other right or benefit under this agreement. A waiver by VIP* of any right or benefit provided in this agreement does not infer or permit a further waiver of that right or benefit, nor does it infer or permit a waiver of any other right or benefit provided in this agreement.
- It is understood and agreed that the relationship of the parties hereto is strictly that of renter and sub-renter and that sub-renter has no ownership in VIP* enterprise and the agreement shall not be construed as a joint venture or partnership. The subrenter is not and shall not be deemed to be an agent or representative of Vanessa Irene Photography.
- Renter shall indemnify and hold VIP* harmless from any and all losses, fines, suits, damages, expenses, claims, demands and actions of any kind resulting from sub-renter’s (or their agents/invitees) use of the studio, its equipment, furniture, props and backdrops including, without limitation, expenses, judgments, fines, settlements and other amounts actually and reasonably incurred in connection with any liability, suit, action, loss, or damage arising or resulting from the sub-renter's use of the the studio.
- In the event of a default of sub-renter of the terms of this agreement, sub-renter shall reimburse VIP* for all costs and expenses reasonably incurred by VIP in connection with the default, including without limitation attorney fees. Additionally, in the event a suit or action is filed to enforce this agreement or with respect to this agreement,
- Vanessa Irene Photography shall be reimbursed by sub-renter for all costs and expenses incurred in connection with the suit or action, including without limitation reasonable attorney fees at the trial level and on appeal.
STUDIO POLICIES & AGREEMENTS
- All renters must take care to not damage any of the studio equipment, furniture, props, backdrops, etc. If damaged, renters agree to pay for the damage and replace within 15 days.
- Renter agrees to not damage seamless papers. Renter agrees to pay $10/for use of seamless paper for cake smashes, in which the destroyed portion must be thrown away.
- Renter agrees to NOT use sticky tape or tacks on the studio walls so as not to peel the paint. Command strips/sticky tack/painters tape allowed.
- Renter agrees to only occupy the space during their paid reservation time. If renter uses more time or is found in the space longer then booked, renter agrees to pay for that time.
- Renter understands there are NO cancellations or changes allowed within 5 days of the appointment. Less than 48 hours notice = No refund or rescheduling. 5 or more day notice = Rescheduling available (no refund). Set-up/take down time takes place during your rental time.
- All renters agree to NOT sublet their time to another person without permission from Vanessa Irene Photography. The space is rented to approved individuals only. All renters agree to stay in the Studio at all times and not leave their clients or equipment alone for any reason.
- All renters agree to be responsible for the deductible on the Studio’s insurance if your client files suit against the Studio.
- Renter agrees to turn off all lights and remove trash when exiting the studio, and keep noise at a minimum and not disturb other tenants in the building. All renters agree to respect each other’s business and clients.
- The studio cannot be used for anything that is illegal. Renter and their clients must refrain from smoking inside the studio, the building, or outside near the front of the building.
- All renters agree to return the keys or key fobs to the lockbox. Lost keys are subject to a $50 replacement fee.
The Renter holds Vanessa Irene Photography and Vanessa Brachman harmless from any and all actions, causes or actions, cases, claims, suits, injuries, harms, damages, judgments, and liabilities whatsoever, in law, equity or otherwise arising under, in connection with or relating to (i) any negligence on the part of the Renter during any Session, (ii) any action or failure to act under this Agreement or in connection with the events that led to the termination of this Agreement, or (iii) any illness the Renter might be exposed to and/or contract during or related to performance by Renter under this Agreement (including, but not limited to, Covid-19).